Saturday, January 7, 2012

Autumn's first hair cut

Oh wow! So she had been begging me like crazy to get it cut, and as much as I didn't want to have to brush through all those tangly curls anymore, I didn't want to not have those tangly curls anymore. Well, friday we went over to great clips after her dance class and they got her right in. I was going to have a panic attack watching her up there getting it chopped off. I told the lady where to cut it, even though poor Autumn wanted me to get it cut much shorter, I just couldn't. Before we went to the store Autumn asked me if she had to hold still like a statue, and I told her yes, but she wondered if she was still allowed to breathe! Ha ha! I told her yes to please still keep breathing! She cracks me up.

So here we are outside great clips before:




waiting nervously:


before:


after:


this is out in the parking lot after:




So I wasn't really happy with how many layers the lady put in Autumn's hair, so the next day I decided to chop a little more off. You can't tell too much of a difference, but I just wanted it to be more straight across in the back. SO, I guess the lesson is, don't take your daughter to great clips and spend money when you are just going to do it yourself the next day. Oh well, she had fun and she's happier now cause it's shorter.



The end!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I'm surprised that you were the one having difficulties cutting it and Autumn was the one begging to get it cut. Isn't it usually the other way around? Either way, long or short, she still is a cutie!

Shawn said...

No matter the length, she's still adorable.

beckstarr said...

Jana I loved reading up on your family! Your girls are getting SO old! I can't believe how long Autumn's hair had gotten-- I remember when she wore two cute curly ponytails on the top of her head! They are all so beautiful! I'm glad to see that you guys are doing well, and maybe we'll see you, we've been going back and forth a bit lately, checking on our home. Take care!