Thursday, May 8, 2008

strep AGAIN

Yes, I got it again. For those of you keeping track, that is 4 times in just over a year. What a major bummer huh? I'm wondering if there are any of you bloggers who have had your tonsils removed, and if there are any cons to it. The dr told me yesterday that there are no "medical studies" that prove it makes you sick less often, but just from everyone he talks to, they are sick less often, or if they do get strep again, it is way less painful. This was my dr.'s p.a. that I saw yesterday cause my dr had the day off, and my p.c.p. seemed a little hesitant the last time I asked him about getting them removed because it puts you down and out for at least a week, but aren't I already down and out for a couple of days each time I get strep?
The last two days have been purely miserable, but I am feeling much better today. Thank goodness, because we have a wedding dinner for my cousin tonight, and her wedding tomorrow!! Any comments welcome about having tonsils out!!

5 comments:

Lola said...

Oh, yuck! You poor thing. I've never had strep but I've heard it's a nightmare. I wish I could go to Jenica's wedding with all the cousins! Take some pictures and post um, k?

And hope you feel better soon!!!

Deedra said...

Oh, that stinks!! I'm sorry! I still have my tonsils so I can't give you an advice on that one...

Deedra said...

Happy (late) birthday to Logan! I was going to call you Tuesday, but I totally forgot until after 10:00. Anyway, I hope you guys had a great party and I hope to see pictures on your blog soon! :)

Nicea said...

Are you all over your strep now? I hope you're feeling better. It was so good to see you at the wedding festivities last weekend. It was fun to have so many cousins around.

Jana Brookes said...

I am better now, thank you! I was feeling better by the day of Jenica's wedding, thank goodness. I did not want to have to miss that!