Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The lucky and the unlucky

The first two weeks of July, lucky little Logan got to take swimming lessons! She absolutely loved it. I was so glad that she was not afraid. She is a natural! She must take after her mom! She only hated to put on sunscreen. Doesn't everyone? We found the fun continuous spray sunscreen, and that was better for both me and Logan!! She started out at the old pool, and then the new Payson pool was finished half way through her session, so she got to finish there. She was so excited to go to the new one! The new one is so much better! It's more like seven peaks, or the Scera pool in Orem. We are going to try to get there as a family, sometime this summer!





Logan shivering at the new pool! Getting ready to jump in.



She had so much fun, even though she didn't get to go on the water slides yet.

And here we are at the unlucky. Poor Autumn. She got quite the bad little cold, and pink eye, in both eyes. She was just purely miserable for 2-3 days. I didn't understand how bad it was until I got it a few days after her, in one of my eyes. On top of that, I know you are all sick of hearing it, but I got strep again. Yep. I know, I know, I never get strep. How unusual. Well, you should all know that I am getting my tonsils removed tomorrow. I hope it helps, I am just a little scared of the recovery and trying to deal with two kids. I've had a lot of sweet ward members offer to watch them, so I guess I will have to take them up on it!!



7 comments:

Deedra said...

Poor Autumn! Those pictures look SO sad! Her icky boogers and crusty eyes - poor girl!

And I'm really feeling sorry for you! Your tonsils out??? No fun! If I were there - I would definitely bring you yummy food and take your kidlets. I'm sorry Jana! That sucks! Get well soon!

Sherry Carpet said...

poor little autumn! i just wish i could hold her and suck all the snot off her face (with one of those blue bulb things). maybe you should start calling her Goops.

i hope she is feeling better -- and you too! good luck tomorrow!!!

Tricia Bagley said...

The pool looks like so much fun! I'm sorry you and your little one got sick. Good luck with the tonsils!

Amy and David said...

My kids loved the pool too and that is great that Logan is such a natural. Poor little Autumn. Give her hugs and kisses for me and Jana--what are you doing with Strep Again???? How did everything go with the tonsils? Are you ok? Do you get a lot of milkshakes--that part sounds pleasant. And for the record I routinely keep up with your blog--I am just not a very big commenter--but I have been rebuked and I will improve. Love ya!

Jaimi said...

Jana,
I hope you are doing ok. My sister-in-law just had her tonsils out and has felt miserable. Hope that isn't the case for you. I'm sorry, we're not closer to help out.

Tyler and Jenica said...

I hope you are doing okay!! Lake Powell was SO much fun! We just got back last night. Tyler's parents have a house boat so we always stay on that!

miss kitti said...

So sad for Autumn! I hope she's feeling better soon (or already).

I'm so impressed that Logan loved the swim lessons right away. It took Grace several tries at it. Water is so fun.