Friday, October 30, 2009

visit to grandma's

the visit to grandma for grandpa's funeral was
sad and hard, but I think that there was a nice
time had by all, under the circumstances. a lot
of the cousins have not seen each other in years.
it really was quite amazing to have everyone
there (minus one on a mission). we had people
coming from all over the country (d.c., penn state,
co, wi, ga) to name a few. i know grandma was
so thrilled to have us all come and say our goodbyes
to our sweet grandpa! it was very hard, but I
must say I was honored to be in the presence of
some of my wonderfully talented cousins!
bren tanner duncan
me bren
lauren kate
annie ally
annie jamie lauren abby
annie jamie kate
teresa jocelyn katelyn
grandma is so awesome. i think she has more
style than i do, and she is definitely stronger
than i am. she is such a wonderful lady and i am
honored to have her name as my middle name.
i love this little lady soooooo much!!

grandma having a little surprise birthday party after
the funeral. she was so happy and so surprised. thank
you Halversons for putting everything together for this!

grandma posing with all the grandkids.

a great family reunion to celebrate wonderful
grandpa (and grandma too!!) so fun to see all
of you cuzs'!!

4 comments:

Shawn said...

Thanks for the pics and the nice post, Jana. It really was great to have everyone there, wasn't it?

Jamie said...

so fun to see you and everyone! Love you!

Nicea said...

I'm so glad you could all make it to the funeral. I really meant a lot to Grandma. Very sweet what you wrote in your post.

Nicea said...

Ooops. IT (not I) meant a lot to Grandma.