Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I know it's silly

but why is it sooooo hard to get rid of
the binkie?

many reasons:

autumn is such a good girl, it felt like
a major punishment for no good reason
at all. she was definitely heartbroken :(

the day after we took them away, she
was sick for 3 days with fever up to 104
with no binkie to comfort her.

she's still my baby for a little while longer,
and this was the last thing she was hanging
on to that still made her seem like a baby
to me. i'm sad to see her grow up cause she
was such a fun, easy baby. (let's keep our
fingers crossed the next baby will be easy
too!)




she 100% disagreed with me about sending
them to her:

but i told her the binkie fairy would give them
to other little babies that needed them.
we stuck them in the envelope and put it on
the front porch and told her that the binkie
fairy was going to bring her something very
special in the morning!


she was so excited for this make up set!
this is also the morning she woke up not
feeling well. we still had make overs all
day long though! she did mine and hers!
so fun. she smeared lip gloss on me all day,
no wonder why i'm sick now! what was
i thinking??!!


she asked for the binkie back for a few days
but not today! it still breaks my heart that
we made her sooooo sad on sunday. she had
a good cry about it, probably at least a half
hour. i know she's way too old though, and it's
for the best! wish us luck with the adjustment!

5 comments:

Sherry Carpet said...

oh, jana! you have the kindest heart on earth, so i'm not surprised this was extra hard for YOU. autumn seems fine now, but will you be okay?

Nicea said...

I'm up waaay too late at night which must be why I'm a little teary over the binkie myself. Oh, for crying out loud! Go to bed, Nicea.

Okay.

Holly said...

What a good mom you are Jana! I would have never thought of the "Binkie Fairy" idea. Too cute!

annie said...

do you thnk the binky fairy might bring me some binkies? or make up?

you're such a kind, sweet mom. really. and truly.

Shawn said...

It's not silly at all! That was so sweet and tender. And I love the Binkie Fairy!

What a good mom.