Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sierra's Baby blessing

The day after our trip to Kanab we had Sierra's baby blessing. It was only a short 13 hours after our trip to Kanab. Late night saturday getting in and up and ready for church. WoW! I was tired. Anyway, it was a really special day. Mom and Dad were there. James's sister Carrie came with her kids and James's brother Lorin came also. So there was Dad, Lorin, Llyodster Parris, Ammon Grant, Chris Rice (all in ym's presidency/scouts with James), and Bishop Mangum in the circle. James' parents and three of his other siblings were at his sisters baby blessing. It just worked out that they were at the same time on the same day, so we missed having them, and I'm sure they missed having us and the other half of the family that came to ours. These two babies (Sierra, and cousin Dorian) were born almost exactly a month apart!
James talked about Sierra growing up to be strong in the gospel and to do well in school. Also to look at her older sisters and mother for examples to follow. He also mentioned living up to her great grandmothers name, Helen. He blessed her to find a worthy companion to be sealed in the temple with and all other blessings that our Heavenly Father sees fit to bless her with.
I don't know if you are supposed to publish baby blessings, but I want to remember some of the things he had said, and this is my new scrapbook/journal these days!
There were six baby blessings in our ward that day (triplets, and three singles. 1 boy and 5 girls total). It took up most of sacrament meeting, but then the testimony meeting was really nice. I was glad I got up before a certain long winded woman in our ward, since I had to make a quick trip to the girls room right after! Ha ha! I said I was grateful for my parents, for prayer, and for the sacrament. I'm glad I can have a chance to renew every sunday and try better. I'm grateful for my parents teaching me the right ways to be, while growing up. I'm grateful for prayer that we can tell everything we are happy about, sad about, wondering about, need advice for, and are over joyed about. I'm glad to be a part of this church and have the gospel in my life.

Brookes Family 8-1-10
Daddy and Sierra
Daddy and the girls

Mommy and the girls


Hope you enjoyed the photo shoot! My arm was about to fall off after holding her for so long and trying to keep her asleep. Plus it was blistering hot out that day. And all Autumn wanted was juice!

4 comments:

Amy and David said...

Beautiful pics and I love the dress--that is amazing!!

Nicea said...

I'm glad you steered us to this post or I'd have missed it. You and your girls are just beautiful, and James is such a good and handsome daddy and husband. You're a lucky girl, and a good mommy and wife, too. I love you all.

Shawn said...

Yes, I agree with everything Nicea said. I'm so glad you steered us here. Jamie knows how to change the date on a post so that it will show up when you want it to. I think I figured it out once too. So I think there is a way around that little problem. Love these pics and these people!

beckstarr said...

Oh I love it! Beautiful family pics. You all look so good, and I'm giggling all about the sacrament mtng. experience. I so understand that the timing is all important wiht a new sweet babe. Sierra looks beautiful in her dress, and we loved being there to see how important your family is to you guys. You are such a good mom and woman, Janna!