Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Logan's 3rd grade Hershey track meet

Yesterday Logan was in the 3rd grade Hershey track meet! It was fun to watch her. I wish I could have stayed for the whole time, but after 2 1/2 hours we waited already to see her do the 100 meter, Sierra was ready for her nap.

Waiting for her events to start


We decided to try watching from the field to let Sierra down from her stroller. She was not as bored, but it didn't last too much longer.



Logan having lunch with her classmates on the bleachers. She's in all pink at the bottom of the bleachers in the middle of the picture.

Getting ready to run the 100 meter

Here she comes!

And there she goes!

Now I am wishing I would have video taped it, but maybe next time!
She also participated in the long jump, but I couldn't see her. There were so many kids and parents around. I think there were about 6-7 schools there competing.
She came in a close 2nd place for the 100 meter race, and later she came in 2nd for the 200 meter race. I had left by then, but I was SO PROUD of her!
She went to the finals for both of those, but she said she was really tired by then. She says she can't remember what place exactly she came in for those but maybe 4th or 5th.
She did awesome, and I've never had that kind of excitement watching her do something! Hope this is the first of many exciting sporting activities for us to watch! SO FUN! Way to go Logan!

5 comments:

Amy and David said...

That is so awesome!! Congrats Logan!!

Meg said...

Go Logan!! I am super impressed!

Nicea said...

We have us a little athlete! Yay, Logan!

Holly said...

Way to go Logan! I'm sure it was so fun being excited for her and cheering her on. Truly is what life is all about!

Shawn said...

Go Logan! you are so cute!