Wednesday, October 15, 2008

I'm thinking about it

So maybe all you bloggers out there have some quick comebacks or advice for me on the matter of sassing. I swear I did not raise my daughter to be like this. If Logan and I are having an argument over something, or she has been misbehaving, and then she asks me if she can have some candy or a friend over to play, or whatever it is that she wants, I tell her not to even think about it. Then she comes back at me with "I'm thinking about it mom"! Urgggh! Some days I think I might pull all my hair out.
Also, since I'm asking, what is the easiest/best way to get kids ready and out the door for school. Yeah, can you tell I am having a bit of a struggle going on here with my kid? If there is something to be done before school, there is an argument. Shoes, socks, hair, coat/sweater, eating breakfast, getting lunch made, getting homework in backpack, putting backpack on, the list goes on. And I have 11 more years of this with her and at least one more kid to go?????AHHHH!

3 comments:

sharsten said...

I saw this on one of Eden's cartoons that she watches. You set a timer in the morning and thats how much time they have to get dressed and eat breakfast. Then you are putting it on her to get herself ready and on time. Another suggestion is to set her clothes out the night before bed that way there is no question what to wear in the morning. For every minute she is late to school is adding a minute to an early bed time like say her bed time is 8:00 then if she was 10 minutes late then she would go to bed at 7:50.

Amy and David said...

I agree with the laying the clothes out. Emily can help me pick the night before, but we lay out shoes socks, hair ties/bows, everything. I also pack her lunch, water bottle and snack the night before. I've just made it part of the nightly routine. It's the only way for us to get out the door on time and walk her with two tag-alongs to school.

Liz E said...

The good news is that you hopefully will only have to deal with it for another 13 years! Good luck! Love-Liz