Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My talented Mama

For those who didn't already know, my mom is really talented! I was redoing our bathroom in raiders stuff for James for Christmas and my mom offered to paint the logo on a shower curtain for me. I did a bit of painting in the bathroom, such as a few base boards, and door trim.
I also bought a raiders garbage can, black floor mat, and a black toothbrush holder, and bought some new black and silver towels.

So I put in a fare amount of time trying to get this ready for him, but my mom got him the best part! She made this for him!

She is so sweet, thoughtful, and talented. He loved it! We want her to know that we love it (though I am not a sports fan really--I can appreciate how well she replicated their logo)!!
Now we have a lovely SIGNED work of art from our favorite COY! I'm sure it's going to be worth a lot some day!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! Now all can give her the praise she deserves please! She'll check my blog eventually! :) Love you mom!!!

6 comments:

Nan Campbell said...

Jana...you are a woman who truely must love her husband to do a "sports theme" in your bathroom! I have always loved trying to find Coy's signiture in her paintings which is usually hidden within the work. This time it wasn't that hard to find. Awesome job Coy! Love and miss you all!

Nicea said...

How did she DO that? It's amazing! Coy, I meant to call you back. I just remembered. But now you probably can't remember what you called me about. Something about being bored, I think.

Shawn said...

I heard she was going to do this but I forgot cuz that's what I do best these days. It turned out GREAT! And you are one heckuva wife to let your husband have a Raider's bathroom. (I think you should send a picture to HGTV but make sure and put some fake flowers in it first.) I didn't know James is a Raider's fan until your mom told me. Who could have guessed? :)

Deedra said...

You are too nice! I don't think Garrett will ever see the day of NASCAR decor in our bathroom. :) It turned out good though - nice work!

Sherry Carpet said...

yes, yer mom is talented--that's an understatement. i already knew that already. ;-)

Chelsy said...

you are a better wife than me! I even love sports...but the day will never come when we have something like a Utah Jazz or New York Mets themed bathroom. We do have a large ESPN banner I had made for him for his birthday when we were dating (he wanted it for his ALL BOYS apartment). That will one day hang in our garage (or a 'game' room if we are so lucky). That's the best he'll get! :o)