Monday, May 4, 2009

Potty Time

Congrats to my little one who has gone potty on the toilet 3 times now!! She likes it so far, and doesn't get mad or scared or anything like that. She seems very promising. I don't know exactly how soon we'll get serious about it, but as long as she wants to, we'll be happy to help her. We don't want to push it just yet, since we had tried that with Logan and she ended up taking forever, since she knew that's what we wanted. She was 3 1/2 , and Autumn turned two about 3 months ago! She's over a year younger, and still seems like a baby, but I know there are some just as young out there, or younger that are doing it, or have already!! Which of your kids did it at what age? Don't they say girls are easier? And is two really the right age?! Thoughts and advice welcome, it's been a while since we did this!

On another note, we had a great weekend with Grandma here and visiting with my sisters as well. Annie (older of the two younger sisters) is getting married soon and had a bridal shower out in Utah, and it was so fun embarrassing her!! I think she really loved all the attention! Maybe it was because Grandma was here, that Autumn wanted to do her first potty in the toilet?! Little show off!! Miss you already mom!

7 comments:

Shawn said...

I nearly killed Jamie over potty training but whatever--she turned out pretty well. Good luck!

Amy and David said...

good luck!! It's never fun, but I have a boy and a girl now who are trained. Emily did at 2 and 2 months and Dallin was a little over 2 and a half.

Coy said...

I'm the grandma who was there for the witnessing of the VERY FIRST in the toilet potty by Autumn Coy Brookes. It was a fabulously awesome occasion with hugs and kisses shared all 'round after. Let me tell you for those of you who don't have them yet grandkids are them best thing since Cinnabon (or sliced bread). Did you know Logan is an artist/author? Do you think I'm so in love with my grandkids? . . . my kids too?

and so forth ;)

p.s. Jana you potty trained yourself = I wanted you to wear a diaper for our cross country move after vet. school but NO WAY and you didn't have one accident. Yea, for potty trained babies.

Meg said...

Hooray! Good luck with that. Lyza is pretty much trained but still has the occasional accident. And yeah for Annie! We got her invite today and are so excited for her!

Nicea said...

Alex was a snap. Trained in less than a day at age 2, but still had accidents at night for a long time, though never in the day.

Annie and Abby were a little older, around 2.5 but never had accidents at any time.

Amanda survived our benign neglect as parents and took matters into her own hands. She trained herself at age 3 when one day she just asked to sit on the big potty and the rest is history.

Nicea said...

Okay, Annie and Abby RARELY had accidents, if ever. I just don't remember it being an issue. Sorry, girls, if that's too much information for the mother of grown women to be offering.

Sherry Carpet said...

i am so glad to have all of this information about my relatives. i am up to my elbows in you-know-what here and can't wait for my Little to decide she's all in.