Monday, June 23, 2008

Next stop......Jelly Belly factory

Fairfield, Ca, was the Jelly Belly factory where we got a free tour of the factory, and a small bag of you guessed it, jelly beans! The girls really loved it! It was pretty interesting to watch and the factory smelled so good!! Of course no cameras were allowed inside the tour part of the factory. And we could not make it out without visiting the candy shop to indulge in our favorite flavors. I knew one of my girls was going to be one of those kids to go and pull on the release levers and let jelly beans fly everywhere, sure enough, Logan did not disappoint us! I felt so bad, but they had it swept up and thrown away in no time. Apparently it happens all the time, I found out when I offered to pay a little extra for her spilled beans. I tried to keep an eye on her, but she's a fast one!! And the candy is so darn distracting! Logan got to spin the "bean boozled" wheel and her jelly bean she landed on would either taste like juicy pear or boogers. She said it was like a pear....hope she wouldn't admit to recognizing the booger flavor! She got a fun sticker for that, and we all enjoyed free samples at the sample bar. If you are ever in the area, we would highly recommend this fun activity for your little ones!





Ronald Regan jelly bean mosaic

George Clooney moasic

Buffalo nickel mosaic (these were all so neat) they had many more inside the factory tour that we couldn't get pictures of. They said it takes about 6 months or so to make one.






7 comments:

Deedra said...

I'm totally laughing over the booger flavored jelly bean. Thats funny!

Carrie said...

I bet Logan had fun pulling those levers! That is something I would have loved to do (even as an adult) just to see what happened. That is funny. That is a fun place to visit. We went there when we were there for your wedding.

Krista Openshaw said...

That's too funny about Logan and the jelly beans on the floor. But I can totally see one of my boys doing that too! I'm so glad you guys had fun there!

annie said...

forget the little ones, i think I'D like to do that! plus, i don't have any so it doesn't really matter if i bring them or not.

Tyler and Jenica said...

Jana, you completely made my day with your nice blog post! You are so sweet! Our wedding was so amazing and I'm so glad you could come! And yes, we are moving back to Utah in the beginning of Septemeber :) I still have another year of school left. Also, I LOVE the jelly belly factory! It is so much fun and when you walk up to the building it smells like sweet candy! Oh I love it. (I like candy if you can't tell, I am probably as happy as cute Logan when I go there ha ha). It looks like you had a fabulous vacation!

Jamie said...

I love your cute little family! It was so good to see some familiar northern California sites. Looks like you had a blast. You've gotten me a little bit homesick :)

coysue said...

I love sugar (grand)babies and jelly belly(s), too !