Sunday, June 29, 2008

We didn't have to go to the zoo

We didn't have to go to the zoo while we were visiting my parents. We could have just gone to the back yard all day long. This duck made herself a home there a few weeks ago, and her babies hatched the day after we got back from the beach. They were so cute. We had a fun time watching them trying to jump in and out of the pool. Lucky for my mom and dad, they ended up leaving pretty soon after.

Look at them go!! Me and mom where wondering if the momma duck was so sick and tired of her seven baby chicks following her around all day. I would imagine she would just want a break, and to sit around with her other momma duck friends and complain about all she had to do for them all day long! Poor thing. Here's to all the hard working momma's out there.

So, anyway, we didn't have to go to the zoo, but we did anyway. We wanted to cheer up Logan, so we took her to the zoo. I MEAN FOLSOM STATE PRISON. We were really sick of her and told her we were going to drop her off if she didn't stop being naughty.


Just kidding! James just wanted to drive by the prison after we had already been to the zoo, but the girls were hungry for lunch, so I told him we needed to get going. We seriously needed to cheer Logan though. While we were in Bodega Bay, she had wanted to get into the hot tubs and play with all my cousins kids. Well, turns out there really are yucky things in hot tubs. Poor thing got a horrible staph infection, and we spent almost the entire day on friday, at the dr's and trying to go from pharmacy to pharmacy to fill a prescription. What a nightmare for both of us. Here face was so bumpy and spotty. I cried when I was watching her sleep on friday night. We took her to the zoo to try to make her forget. We also went miniature golfing the day before that. Luckily she was able to swim in my parents pool a few times too.




If you zoom in, you can see her poor little spots. She said she was a leopard with all her spots! Way to be upbeat about it.



Autumn enjoying the zoo.



We took a little train ride that when next to the zoo. The engineer took our picture for us. This one shows Logan's spots the most, I think.

Autumn loved playing peek-a-boo whenever we were driving home from anywhere! What a happy baby she is. Course the 11 hour drive was a little more rough on both the poor dears!

6 comments:

Sherry Carpet said...

this post made me want to laugh and cry, but i laughed first (and hard) about the fulsom prison. you caught me off guard. what an awesome attraction for the little ones! ;-)

Deedra said...

Poor Logan! That looks worse than how you described it! Poor girl. I seriously feel bad for her. It looks a little painful - but probably more annoying than anything. That will teach her to stay out of hot tubs!

Nicea said...

That hot tub thing happened to Amanda once at her friend's house when she was in junior high or high school. Yuck! I love the duck story. Where do little duckies go in that California desert after they leave the backyard swimming pool?

I like your family picture in your header. Very cute.

Tricia Bagley said...

Hey Jana! As soon as you said what your maiden name was I remembered you! Wow, it's been along time. Your family is adorable. That's seriously crazy that you ran into Tasha! It is amazing how small the world is. Too bad you don't live closer to Salt Lake so we could hang out. I live in West Jordan right now. At least we can keep tabs on each other through our blogs!

Shawn said...

Cute post. Pretend I just patted your bottom!

Tyler and Jenica said...

Poor Logan! That's so cute that she called herself a leapord though! :) Your kids are so cute. And yes being married is SO much fun! I seriously love it!