Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Education Week

Last thursday I had the chance to go with my brother's wife, Krista, to a few classes at education week. It was such a fun experience, although I was just there for a morning. Thanks again for the invite Krista! I thoroughly enjoyed both classes, and would highly recommend going to anyone who has ever even thought about it. I plan to try and keep going every year, if possible! It was just so nice to have some "me time" and have some peace and quite to think about what the teachers were saying. I was jotting down all the notes I could, and was wishing that I could have gone for the whole week. It was a good, spiritual, uplifting time. And I could not believe how much things have changed. I never attended BYU officially, but I was there all the time with my cousin Krista. I couldn't stop thinking about how many fun times we had together there. Miss you every day, Krinspy!
And if humanly possible, get there early enough to find yourself a decent parking space. I was running late after seeing Logan off to school, and taking Autumn to James' sister's. I had to park clear over at the stadium, and book it over to the Wilk (and YES, I used to live by the stadium, and walk to BYU) but boy am I in some horrible shape now. I had shin splints for three days after and my hips hurt. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to the next b-day, and starting a new chapter in my life!

7 comments:

Sherry Carpet said...

i miss you too, janner! thank goodness for your blog. you were the best roommate. and still the best friend! -krisp

Liz E said...

I went there last year with my mom and sisters and had a great time. Such a good pick me up. Does Andrea have a blog. How is she doing. Your bid first grader is so cute! Take care! Liz

Carrie said...

I am so glad that you were able to go. I would love to hear about the classes you wen to.

Jana Brookes said...

Awww, thanks Sherry Carpet!

Jana Brookes said...

Liz,
Andrea does not have a blog. I keep trying to get her to jump on the band wagon though. If she only knew how fun it was! Sharsten Dieu (Abarca) is the only one of my buddies from growing up, that I think you know, who has one. She's on my list if you want to check her out!

Deedra said...

I've never been, but a lady that I worked with goes every year with her daughters and she LOVES it. She totally looks forward to it every year and so do her kids. It sounds like a great tradition to start.

Shawn said...

I always enjoyed Ed Week too. Haven't been able to make it in years though. Glad you had a great time. One of the first times I ever went was with Nicea, Coy, Ceri and Mom. We stayed in Helaman Halls, I think. That was fun!