Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Nursery

Last tuesday (the 6th) Autumn turned 18 months! We actually took her into nursery a few days before she turned 18 months just to practice. The leader said she did great and didn't even cry at all. This last sunday, however, they had to bring her to me. She was screaming and crying, and by the time they found me, she was doing the whole sniffling thing. She looked so sad. So I took her back after a few minutes and stayed in with her for a few minutes. Then I tried leaving for a few minutes and checking back. She was, of course, screaming the whole time. So I ended up staying the rest of the time. Bummer. I thought she was going to do so well. You look forward to it for so long, and then you still can't have any peace and quite time at church! Oh well. We'll just keep trying. She'll learn one day, that it's way more fun in there!

4 comments:

Deedra said...

That nursery is a tricky one! Sometimes Tayson goes with no problem and the next time he panics. But overall he hasn't been too bad - eventually he gives in and stays. Hopefully she'll warm up to the leaders and the idea of tons of toys!

Tricia Bagley said...

Good luck! I haven't experienced this myself, but I am looking forward to being able to actually listen in Relief Society. Hopefully Lincoln does well, I have my doubts though.

Liz E said...

Jana-
I am so glad that you found me. I hope we can start keeping in touch a bit. Your girls are beautiful. Your oldest reminds me of my Daryn with her red hair. Hope all is well! Love you! Liz

Shawn said...

You look so forward to being able to not wrestle with kids and just listen and then you get to be my age and you start to have a bit of a problem sitting still for 3 hours and listening! Oh well.