Thursday, August 21, 2008

Our Big First grader!

Wednesday August 20th was Logan's first day of first grade! She was so excited. She wanted to sleep in her clothes the night before. She even went to bed at nine instead of seven, when we wanted her too, because she was just so excited.

What a grin!! We love it!

Here is my big girl. She looks so grown up!

And off to hop onto the bus.....

Bye Logan!! We love you! Have fun!

And now I have finally reached the day I have been waiting six years for! What a nice break, we both needed it from each other! I am really excited for her though. I know she will love it. I cried when she left for Kindergarten, and I was about to cry this time too, but I know she will have so much fun. You just can't help but worry about everything they have to deal with and hoping it's all going to be okay. Plus it's so hard to see them grow up so quickly. Before we know it, she will be driving and dating. We are sure enjoying her littleness, while it lasts!

Good luck Logan! We know you will do great! You are such a wonderful girl and you bring us so much happiness. Knock em dead!

12 comments:

Jamie said...

Aww! Logan is so beautiful. She really is gonna knock em dead. I love how her backpack comes down to her knees :) So cute!

Nicea said...

Wow! First grade. Jana, I can't believe she's that old already. Such mixed emotions, putting your little ones on that big yellow bus! I loved having the break in the day to actually be able to get dressed before noon, but now that I have the whole house to myself every day, what do I do? Go teach school! Every day. Go ahead, call me crazy.

LaPointe Photo Images said...

Hi Jana! What an adorable family you have! It's fun to see what you're up to. I added your blog to my friends and family list. Feel free to add mine if you wish! Talk to you later.
Christie

Deedra said...

I can't believe she is a 1st grader! She really has grown up so fast! I wonder if she is still afraid of Garrett... we'll have to test that one out next time we are up there! :)

Shawn said...

Oh, Jana. She is so cute. I remember putting Tanner on the bus for kindergarten the first day and I got a big lump in my throat. I didn't think I would cuz I was so ready but I did.

Amy and David said...

She looks beautiful and good for you for the break. Emily heads off tomorrow and I am scared and excited for her! Does she like riding the bus? We are so close there isn't a bus at all--we will be walking in 95 degree weather--yuck!

Jenkins' Family said...

It's so good to hear from you and see you cute family. They girls are beautiful, you all look good and happy. I'm glad you found our blog it's such a fun way to keep in touch.

Jen said...

She's Adorable! (& so is your whole family!) So glad you found me :)

Jana Brookes said...

Amy, she loves riding the bus, but I hate the part about walking her down and having to look presentable to all the other mommies at the bus stop. I sometimes just watch her from the front porch, since she just gets on right down the street a bit. Good luck walking in the heat, hope it cools down soon!

Carrie said...

She looks so grown up in these pictures. I guess she is growing up. Still super cute though.

Meg said...

She is such a doll! We think Elyza looks like her just a bit sometimes. I can't believe you have a first grader, and yes, she really does look grown up! I bet she is loving school!

Princess Consuela and Banana Hammock said...

Fun day! I love this age. I am a First grade Aide and they are sooo cute. She will be great. I cant believe how big Logan is getting.