Friday, August 1, 2008

Payson up in FLAMES

Payson is going up in flames right before our very eyes. This huge fire burning right out our front door. It started around 3pm this afternoon, I heard it was possibly started by some downed power lines. It started out pretty small, and then it just got picked up by the wind and is spreading so fast and still going.


View from right out our front door.






I was at work for 6 hours tonight and I kept hearing from everyone how much it was spreading and that they evacuated a bunch of houses and all the camping areas up Payson Canyon. I kept hearing how everyone was out driving around looking at it. I have never seen so much traffic in Payson in the 5 years we've lived here. Everyone was standing out on the streets taking pictures and video taping it. It looks even worse the darker it gets!





This is a view I took right outside of Logan's bedroom window when I got home from work at about 11pm. Scary stuff, but I think we are far enough away. Some others may not be so lucky as we are. I'm sure the hills are going to look so sad tomorrow. I'm very sad about having to look out my windows and see this happening, and tomorrow it will just be an ugly burnt hillside.



.

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Those pictures are crazy! I hope you still have your house! Do you guys think you are California or something, having fires?

Deedra said...

So weird!!! I can't believe the view you have of it all! I would have loved to have seen it - but not really. Scary! I'm glad it is finally contained.

Jana said...

I'm glad you took pictures. It was crazy to be gone one day and miss it.