Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Stolen Goods

On monday night I was working and I was on a break and had to go out and put some gas in James' car so he'd have gas the next day to get to work. (There is a fuel center at the grocery store I work at). So I am walking out in the parking lot, and I noticed that my car was gone. I thought for sure James was playing some sort of joke on me. I looked all over and couldn't see it, or even our other car there. I started panicking and went back inside to call him. Sure enough, he had no idea what I was talking about, so I had to tell him that our car had been stolen. We were both in shock. We couldn't believe it had happened to us. We called the police and our insurance and filled out the paperwork that they needed.
Last night we got a call from the police. They had found our car in Salt Lake and it was being towed to an impound lot. So far the only thing I had heard from James this morning is that they stole everything that was inside, and punched the steering column to start it. That's all I know. What an ordeal. All we know is that we are for sure going to have to pay a $500 deductible to insurance, or just pay for the damages ourselves, all because some crazy person decided to steal our car.
In high school I had my CD player stolen out of my car at home, and a few other things in the car, and I have the same feeling now as I did then. Violated. The only thing that brought me any satisfaction is KNOWING they WILL pay someday. I may sound a little mean and revengeful, and maybe I need to be better at forgiving, but I just have NO patience or understanding for stealing. Am I wrong to feel this way?
James just called me and he says we they left him half a tank of gas! No MP3 player and some CD's and a hunting knife that he had left in there though. He had taken out his golf clubs and hunting bow and some speakers just the night before it happened. He says he payed for the towing and impound costs and now the steering column will probably be about a hundred. So I guess we won't be paying our $500 deductible, but STILL, all for nothing. It could have been much worse to say the least!

6 comments:

annie said...

oh banana! that totally bites. someone stole my credit card number and i felt the same way - totally violated. i'm glad you got your car back, though, even with all the damages and missing property. big hug to you!!!

Sherry Carpet said...

oh, you guys! i am so sorry. ugh.

especially sorry for all the things inside that you will miss.

Tricia Bagley said...

Jana I'm so sorry that really stinks! I hope things go okay with fixing the car.

sharsten said...

Oh that is so horrible, I had my cd player stolen out of my car about a year after luke and I got married. Yes you do feel violated and yes you should be mad, I would feel the same way. You feel like they have touched everything in your car and now you have to disinfect it so that you feel a little better, but not even then do you feel better, it's like you want to take your car to get detailed or just go thru the car wash with your windows down.j/k. Hope things are going better for you, Love Sharsten

Nicea said...

I'm like you, Jana. I have no patience with stealing. It just seems so s.e.l.f.i.s.h. Forgiveness. Okay, working on that. (But I'm still gonna try extra hard to keep everything locked down.) What? You want me to just GIVE it away? I can do that. But don't steal it from me.

Deedra said...

You guys are lucky - but not really! It's amazing that he took out the golf clubs and speakers the night before - it could have been so much worse!! I just can't believe that little Payson has that kind of stuff going on! Scary! What car was it? Please make sure you shut your garage door!